Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Psychic Pain

 

I recently hurt my lower back at work and now am undergoing treatment and physical therapy to restore my ability to work and live pain-free as I have usually enjoyed. When that pulled set of lumbar muscles were raging the pain was near unbearable.


Physical pain, chronic and ever less bearable when very intense, can wreck a person’s life. I have never much subscribed to the outlook that suffering and pain are ennobling beyond a certain point.


Chronic or severe pain is something I would like medical science, God or folk medicine to eradicate or lessen considerably.


This all got me considering that it is an oversight, a mistake not to contemplate that spiritual or psychic pain, chronic and mild or chronic and severe, might make people as much or even more unhappy than those suffering physical pain.


Spiritual or psychic pain, even endured long enough, for most people, especially nonindividuators, will deplete their self-esteem to such a low level, that resentful, grievance-mongering, self-loathing and loathing of others and the world is all that is left of that shattered self.


If that person does not get therapy, or get exorcised, or discipline the self in a strong, integrated, full mode, that person may become a living demon and act out accordingly.


Only a sense of gratitude, and a positive attitude, accompanied by love of God, the self, others and creation itself can reverse and reduce whatever level of psychic or spiritual pain afflicting that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment