Wednesday, October 16, 2024

In God We Trust

 

I will quote a short, weekly homily presented on Page 7 of the 7/10/24 newspaper, The Cavalier Chronicle. The title of the homily is In God We Trust. Then I will comment on the homily.

 

My response: In God We Trust is how we should live if we are doing the right thing, and if we have any sense at all. When we fail to believe in or trust God, there is nowhere to go.

 

Newspaper: “Our money says that. We also know that God is love.”

 

My response: God is love and goodness is love. The Devil is hate, so evil is hatred. As a moral, metaphysical and spiritual egoist, I assert that high self-esteem is love, first loving God, then loving the self, and from a solid ethical foundation of loving the self, one is then able to love others.

 

To suffer from low self-esteem is to hate the self, and when one hates the self, one hates God and works against God law and will, and when one hates the self, one hates others and tears them up after first tearing up the self.

 

Newspaper: “We can count on that. It’s better than counting our money. Let church count on you this Sunday. I trust in the steadfast love of the world. Psalm 52.”

 

My response: You can count on God steadfast love and unwavering commitment to you. Love the self as you love God and others, and usually things will work out okay.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment