Monday, January 17, 2022

Listen Up, Again, Jordan


 Listen up again Jordan Peterson. All people are loaded with talent spectacular potential, and all should and must maverize. Their gifts are awesome, cumulative, and contributory to the welfare of society.

Eric Hoffer agreed with me; let me quote from Calvin Tomkins biography, Eric Hoffer, Page 44: "I tell you, the America I know is made up of about sixty percent of the people, and I have never come across a book that says what I know about this sixty percent. Every intellectual thinks that talent, that genius is a rare exception. It's not true. Talent and genius have been wasted on an enormous scale throughout our history; this is all I know for sure."

Jordan Peterson harps on the idea that IQ is destiny and that the smartest members of society inevitably should and do rise to the top of every conceivable hierarchy based on merit.  Peterson promotes individualism so that elite geniuses can be allowed the liberty and opportunity to develop their special gifts for the benefit of humankind. 

Hoffer and I especially counter by adding that all people are blessed with great innate gifts, and, if instructed on how to go for it, their gifts will amaze and astound, whether their IQ is 96 or 156.

No comments:

Post a Comment