Thursday, April 18, 2024

Exodus 20:24-26

Here are some passages from The New American Bible: “An altar of earth you shall make for me, and upon it you shall sacrifice your holocausts and peace offerings, your sheep and your oxen. In whatever place I choose for the remembrance of my name, I will come to you and bless you . If you make an altar of stone for me, do not build it of cut stone, for by putting a tool to it you desecrate it. You shall not go up by steps to my altar, on which you must not be indecently uncovered.

 

My response: God is merciful and reasonable; still, one is to be covered decently when going to service to give offering to God. If God like the altar of uncut stone, and the sincerity of your offerings, you will know that God will come to you and bless you, and that is a welcome opportunity to give sacrifice to God.

 

Here are these same passages in the Holy Bible (KJV): “An altar of earth you shall make me, and shall sacrifice thereon thy burnt offerings, and thy peace offerings, thy sheep, and thine oxen: in all places where I record my name I will come unto thee and bless thee.

 

And if thou wilt make me an altar of stone, thou shalt not build it of hewn stone: for if thou lift up thy tool upon it, thou hast polluted it.

 

Neither shall thou go up by steps unto mine altar, that thy nakedness be not discovered thereon.”

 

My response: There is sacred ground, selected by God, where one is to set up an altar or a church. One must be well-dressed and behave in God’s house.


No comments:

Post a Comment