Monday, March 21, 2016

The Time Clock Snitch

There is a tall blond-haired, blue eyed male snitch at work that works in the warehouse and targets maintenance workers.

There is an industry-wide tendency to attack maintenance workers: part of it is anti-blue collar workers, part of it is hatred of white males that dominate this field, and part of it is contempt and feeling of superiority felt by white-collar office workers with college educations towards those that work with their hands and are technically educated, but not university educated.

Our warehouse and office complex is over half a million square feet with 400 employees in house--I take care of the office workers--their carpentry, plumbing, electrical and HVAC needs being my primary function.

I drive an electrical cart referred to as a tugger--it can pull carts and trailers-- around the warehouse, carrying tools, parts, etc. to expedite work flow and timely, efficient completion of work orders.

I drive the cart 3 city blocks to punch out for lunch (30 minutes) and then to punch back in.

I was punched out late last week and headed back to the shop to have lunch when the snitch yelled at me that there was a plumbing flood, and that I needed to respond immediately, Now our shop rule of thumb is that when one is at lunch, the other technicians handle issues that arise.

I informed Mr. Snitch that I was one lunch. He immediately attacked: "You are driving a tugger while punched out for lunch and that is a safety violation." I ignored him and left.

Today he was standing by the time clock watching for me to show on, punch out, and drive the tugger back for break, so that he could report me to the safety committee. I drove the cart up, parked it, and walked back to the shop. I walked back to the clock, and punched in 30 minutes later. I am going to do that to drive him crazy, Three levels of bosses above me, know I take that tugger to lunch--as they do--and could care less and say nothing.

This fanatic cites some obscure safety rule just so he can attack and get me in trouble, if possible.

Similar to the servants of Sauron zeroing in unfailingly upon Frodo as the one to assault, so do wicked people at work and in the neighborhood single me out to be bullied and mistreated.

How can someone want to control and hurt another person whom they do not know, and really deal with not at all?

I have never gotten over the bottomless desire that grips many people have to interfere with and gain power over their neighbors' lives, resenting their proud independence and self-sufficiency.

Groupists do great evil when they interfere with the liberty and separate  lifestyle of another person.

This snitch is not without ability, but he is a nasty person that needs to be fired.

No comments:

Post a Comment