Tuesday, July 5, 2016

The Next Generation

My philosophy largely grew out of my decades of studying the seminal works of the brilliant Eric Hoffer.

He as a blue collar intellectual that was a conservative, a democrat, a capitalist, a union activist, a moderate, a heterosexual individuator, and loner that studied group behavior, He believed that we were basically evil. He loved liberty and wanted the little people free from tyranny imposed by elites of any kind.

I am most of the same things that he was. One large exception: he seemed to be an atheist, and I am an ardent theist. But his love of love, liberty, goodness and ideas draw him close to spiritual and moral goodness which spring from God.

I am a logical extension of his philosophy as developed in future years.

No comments:

Post a Comment