Monday, September 12, 2016

Sunday Night

I picked up a friendly, liberal white couple that had just been to a same-sex wedding in Colorado. They were effusive about how their step-niece loved her partner, and how lovely the whole ritual was. I must have seemed to silent, because they asked me if I objected. I did not reply. They pressed the point, so I replied that same-sex marriage violates natural law, and is not permitted.

The husband responded that they really loved each other. I noted that it may be quite so, but a civil union would suffice, and marriage is a divine sacrament ordained by God between a man and a woman, and that we are violating and flouting natural laws that are unchanging and set in stone.

He explained that the Bible is written by men, so it is not special or credible. I disagreed. It may be written down by men, but they were divinely inspired to write down what God was whispering in their ears.

We agree to disagree.

I thought about it over night, and have decided that if a neighbor, relative or friend invites me to a same-sex marriage in their family, I will not attend, because I regard the ritual and wicked, not binding and a mockery of divine law.

No comments:

Post a Comment