Tuesday, July 18, 2017

At The Lake

On Sunday morning, 7/15, at 515am, Sam woke me up to take him outside so he could relieve himself.

While he was doing his thing, I noticed a gray fox working its way, hunting intently along the south edge of the yard, a few feet from the woods. He did not see us.

When Sam saw me watch the fox, he started towards the fox. The fox was unafraid and bristled and faced Same squarely as inviting him to dare tangle.

Sam is 19 pounds and over 14 years old and is quite deaf, but he was going after that fox, period. I did not want him being bit or end up with rabies shots so I clapped real loud. He stopped, looked at me and headed for the porch as I motioned to him.

The fox jumped into the brush out of sight.

He barked at me angrily 8 or 9 times in that strange fox bark, as if to say that I had deprived him of a good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment