Friday, September 15, 2017

Women Finding Their Way

I was told by Republic airline crews on my shuttle that 10% of commercial pilots are women, and many or most of them are former flight attendants that worked their way up through the ranks.

My dental assistant today was a smart, pretty, hardworking young woman, an immigrant from Moldova. She informed me that she was in the process of applying to go to dental school.

She reminded me of the brightest and most ambitious of the flight attendants that saw what men were doing in the most challenging and best paying jobs in their field, and they are going to school to be pilots and dentists. I told her of the parallel.

She got the concept right away. She opened up and told me that she loved the field that she was in, and thought she would much enjoy working as a dentist.

More power to her, and to all young women--gay or straight, regardless of color, creed or nationality.

Under Mavellonialist thought, where women are actually liberated to be and do all that they can and want to become and do, they enrich their own lives, the lives of their children, and of society as a whole.

We must never be jealous of those that aspire to do more and be more. Encourage them because half of the human race self-actualizing would be a revolutionary act of calculable value.

No comments:

Post a Comment