Tuesday, September 10, 2013

One Day

Journal Entry: 1-6-2012 One day I will be famous or may be infamous. I will likely be reviled, not respected and celebrated. That belief ,that I espouse that most likely rile readers and listeners, is my insistence on human depravity. No one wants to hear the truth: that they are wicked from birth, and sin repeatedly. This is bad news that no one wants to receive. Why do I keep hammering on something that makes me censored, discredited and punished? The simple answer is I care about people and I care about the truth. God told me to spread De's word to the world, and that is what I am doing. As an ethicist, I must help people rediscover what and who they are, and where they must start from, to improve themselves, and make the world a better place. A liberal, secular society, immersed in denial, shallow assertions and easy optimism, feel that I am wrong and outrageous in my messaging. They have and will ask why I am so negative, bitter, misanthropic and pessimistic, hating people so? What went wrong in my personal life to lead to such negative proclaiming. I reject their characterization of my past and how it bleakly taints my worldview. There is some truth to these criticisms, but mostly I am a realist that believes he is describing the world and people as they are, not as I subjectively paint them to be. We are born in sin but, faith, will, effort and upbringing can convert us, personally, one at a time, into being and living as good people with good wills and good natures, both acquired and built on the old, biological, genetic, wicked foundation, still there and still operating at full speed. AS good adults we do good more than we sin.By choice, hard work and heavenly input (grace), we can surmount our natural selves. We fight low self-esteem all our lives. That innate sense of self-loathing corrupts us inside and oozes out to warp our thinking and acting unless we unnaturally defend ourselves by intervening consciously with healthy countermeasures. We feel depressed. We feel disappointed with life and ourselves. We feel alienated, abandoned, rejected. Our sinning compounds our feelings of worthlessness. Our sinning makes us feel more bad and more guilty. Rather than reform, the innate and easy way to go is to double down, sin more, lie to ourselves more to block out the objections from our guilty conscience. All of this cumulatively makes us feel worse. We are frightened and disconsolate. We feel incapable of improving our lot. We must self-talk and improve our lives and feel emboldened, empowered, encouraged and resolute: ever getting back up and fighting back with every ounce of our being to be better and more whole. The gain in self-esteem will lead to us feeling better and acting better. People that love others and themselves are at peace. They are non=game players. They are polite, kind, respectful and decent. They are pleasant. Where there is no self-esteem, deception, stealing, violence and meanness are common. Where inner peace is typical of residents, truth, local justice, humane treatment and trust abound.

No comments:

Post a Comment