Sunday, December 7, 2014

Exodus, Chapter 3, Verse 13 & 14

"But ," said Moses to God,"when I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' if they ask me, 'What is his name?' what am I to tell them?" God replied, "I am who am."

The footnote in my old Catholic bible states that this is the English translation of the Hebrew name for Yahweh coveys that He the absolute and necessary being, the Source of all created beings.

This explanation is fairly apt and descriptive. God is the near absolute and the near necessary Divinity, the name that introduces that Chief God (the Father) and that Chief Goddess (the Mother) to the world. 

I am or I exist, always did and always will. Who am all that exist as mortal beings flow out from these creator deities, and are beholden to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment