Sunday, October 11, 2015

10-11-2015

A friend and I are building a 131.5 foot cedar fence on the north side of the house.

A few days ago, I had to cut out some lovely, old lavender American lilacs to make room for the fence coming through. I noticed that a buck had scraped the bark off the lilac that I cut down, and that there was a ground scrape a few feet away.

I then noted some pie apples that fell from our tree had big, single bites taken out of them.
s
The other night at 10 pm as I cam home on 110th Street, a red fox ran across in front of my truck.

Nature is adapting to human dominance and presence all the time. If nuclear war or a new bubonic plague take out out, nature will adapt further, and replace us with a new top, intelligent species.

This neither scares me or depresses me. Indeed, it gives me hope. God's Mavellonialist message will reach the ears of our replacement species should we remain disinclined to live by its code.

Imagine I will be driving 87 miles in 3 weeks to hunt Bambi, and a buck is under the bedroom window--go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment