Saturday, October 24, 2015

10-25-2015

I have not been this consistently far behind for 25 years. Jane is going to school full time and working part time and the kids have their own lives, so whatever gets done around the place falls on my shoulders. About 20% of the backlog is my getting older. I just do not cover as much ground as fast as before. And caring for 3 properties is a handful and then some.

Working 60 to 70 hours a week with time lost for an 18 mile commute to work--these factors all take their toll. Then my employer set my hours from 8 to 430, and one does not have much time to work outside in the late fall due to it being dark by 7:00 pm.

My previous job was 5-130 pm, so I have lots of time in the afternoon to accomplish chores.

Enough grousing and whining. It was a lovely evening tonight, about 58 degrees and clear sky, mostly.

I got the coral calla lilies and the white dahlias dug, labeled and prepared in containers for winter storage indoors where it is cool.

There is something indescribably lovely about the fall of the year, and that occurred to me as I drove back from the hotel down 110 street.

It is great to be alive. It is fantastic that God and the Good Spirits are with us every moment of every day.

Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment