Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Prescription

I am a roving maintenance techicians that takes care of 9 medical clinics. I was at the one in Coon Rapids today, visiting the clinic manager, when she commented that my left eye was very red, maybe pink eye.

I called Jane about it. She is a registered nurse and enjoined me to go into to Urgi-Care to get it looked at.

After work I did, and a nice, smart nurse practitioner quickly identified it as pink eye. Of course I forgot her name.

She asked me where I wanted to go to have the prescription filled. I said Cub Pharmacy in Bloomington. It turns out there are 2 Cub Food pharmacies in Bloomington, and of course the prescription was sent to the wrong one.

I went to the one in West Bloomington, and the pharmacist shrugged and said he had nothing on me. He asked if I knew the prescriber name, and I said no. This is at 745 pm so by the time I got home to call the Urgi-Care, they were cosed.

Then I remembered the east Bloomington Cub pharmacy. I called the phrmacist, and he found that the prescrption was over on Lyndale.

I drove the 4 miles over to the other pharmacy.They had no record that I had a prescription to pick up, even though the West Bloomington guy found it. Then the east Bloomington pharmacist told the that they did not have the drops, but that West Bloomington did.

It took her and Gary, the West Bloomington pharmacist, 20 minutes to find my record. So much for the speedy, costly and efficient of email pharmacy prescription.

I went back to the West Bloomington pharmacy one last time, and Gary filled the prescription. He wived the copay. I will do work with him again.

The system does not work very well any more, but I have some expertise at being patient and getting parties together to finally push through and complete the process.

It can function with some help.


No comments:

Post a Comment