Monday, October 30, 2017

My Medical Certificate

I have carried a commercial driver's license for close to 20 years. The state of Minnesota this winter, sent me a notice to renew the medical certificate, or they would drop my license. I went to a provider and got my medical certificate approved, and then I sent it in to the State. They approved it at the Depart of Transportatin and sent me a letter, writing that the new certificate was accepted. I was supposed to get the letter inviting me to renew by license by my birthday in Junde, 2017.

Instead, the letter I got from the State canceled my commercial driver's license, informing me that I could renew my license as a D category, thus losing my Commercial C license. They had lost the certificate that they just approved earlier and canceled my license for noncompliance.

I got the new copy of the medical certificate from the provider that issued it, and took it to the City of Bloomington Department of Motor Vehicles. Apparently, the stupid provider took my 2 year-old certificate and just changed the date, updating it. She became alarmed and thought it was fraud. She made me go back and get a brand new medical certificate. She told me loftily that when I came back, I would need a birth certificate to get my commercial license back. I got upset, and told her that I will have to take another half day off of work to visit you again, with all these special conditions.

Snottily, she replied, "You will just have to stand in line and take a number You can thank the terrorists for commercial drivers having to show a passport."

I went a got a third, original copy of the birthcertificate from the provider, and went back to the Bloomington site. This clerk was smart, friendly and efficient. She called the State and they said I have no record of a certificate submitted earlier. She asked them about Class C licenses, and spent 20 minutes helping them find it. Apparently, Minnesota took Class C licenses and put them on a separate server, and did not link that data to the latest and different type of licenses. When staff encountered the misssing certificates, they did not or could not find the lost data on the other server, so they just canceled licenses like they did with me. This tenacious Bloomington clerk helped them find their own records.

We need to downsize government and simplify things. Think what the government and the Left would do to gun rights if they licensed gun owners.

No comments:

Post a Comment