Sunday, December 31, 2023

Exodus 19:3-8

 

It seems that the Jews always had a special relationship with God, which is why, Satan and Lera, hating God, hate especially his chosen people, and ever through antisemitism, even genocide, attacking the Jews generation after generation through their agents on earth, the children of darkness.

 

It could be that the peoples of earth may know that they are still distant from God or the benevolent deities as long as they persecute and seek to murder Jews.

 

Here is the story of the covenant in The New American Bible: “While Israel was encamped here in front of the mountain, Moses went up the mountain to God. Then the Lord called to him and said, ‘Thus shall you say to the house of Jacob; tell the Israelites: You have seen for yourselves how I treated the Egyptians and how I bore you up on eagle wings and brought you here to myself. Therefore, if you hearken to my voice and keep my covenant, you shall be my special possession, dearer to me than all other people, though all the earth is mine. You shall be to me a kingdom of priests, a holy nation. That is what you must tell the Israelites. So Moses went and summoned the elders of the people. When he set before them all that the Lord had ordered him to tell them, the people all answered together, ‘Everything the Lord has said, we will do.’ Then Moses brought back to the Lord the response of the people.”

 

My response: Yahweh offers this covenant to the Hebrews: they were to worship Him and obey his commandments, and in exchange He would protect them and bless them. This was a contract.

 

Let us look at those same verses from the Holy Bible (KJV): “And Moses went up unto God, and the Lord called unto him out of the mountain, saying Thou shalt say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel; you have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagle’s wings, and brought you unto myself.

 

Now, therefore, if ye will obey m voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all the people: for all the earth is mine.

 

And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

 

And Moses called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the Lord had commanded him. And all the people answered together, and said, All that the Lord has spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the Lord.”

 

My response: The different translations allow me to see God’s word from different vantage points. Notice that God was dwelling in the mountain and spoke to Moses up out of the mountain, so God could exist inside nature, at least sometimes, or on holy ground.

 

Second, the Hebrews were special, but all the peoples of the world belong to God, for all the earth was His, so God is also a God to all people.

 

Third, Yahweh knew what that the Hebrews agreed to honor their covenant with God even before Moses returned to Yahweh to share that message, but the message needed to be formally and openly related to Yahweh, nonetheless.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment