Thursday, December 7, 2023

The Flock

 

I am going to copy out the short homily printed, on November 22, 2023, on Page 7 of The Cavalier Chronicle, entitled, Counting Sheep. I will comment on the homily. It is for Sunday, November 26, 2023. It is from the 1992 Revised Common Lectionary.

 

Homily: “God compares the vulnerable to sheep. God defends the weak sheep. God will destroy the sheep that harm weaker sheep. There will be justice. And God will provide a good shepherd, a Savior. Join the rest of the flock this week in church. ‘I will save my flock’ . . . Ezekiel 34:11-16, 20-24.”

 

My response: Jesus, the Good Shepherd and Savior, will save, defend, and protect his flock, the vulnerable from predatory other sheep, wolves, bad shepherds, and prowling Satan.

 

This imagery refers to humans as sheep in a flock, vulnerable, helpless and in need of protection, unable to fend for themselves. The elite, whether their Savior, or unjust overlords tyrannizing, exploiting, and oppressing them, do run the destinies of these sheep.

 

My suggestion is to welcome Jesus and the other just deities to continue to serve in their loving capacity as protectors. I would also like to envision the sheep, the children of light, self-transform themselves into fearless, armed, trained, prince and princess warriors that enslave none and stomach abuse and enslavement from none, with give me liberty or death as their motto.

No comments:

Post a Comment