Friday, October 24, 2014

Genesis, Chapter 8

After the flood waters receded, Noah built an altar and offered sacrifices to the Lord to honor God. This is how God responded in Verse 21: "Never again will I doom the earth because of man, since the desires of man's heart are evil from the start; nor will I ever again strike down all living things as I have done."

There is a foot note in my Bible speculating that the desires of man's heart are evil from the start could mean evil from the beginning of the human race or from infancy.

My response would be we have evil hearts from birth, and have so had them since we left the trees to walk across the savannah.

There is no shame or blame reasonably assigned for what nature has given us to work with. Our duty is to work and build upon what we have, from where we are at.

No comments:

Post a Comment