Friday, October 17, 2014

The Wedding

My nephew is getting married tomorrow in Iowa. I want to go and am going, but feel very conflicted about it all.

I do not feel safe with my own family. I expect this biological group, a soft and gentle mob of quite bright and talented people, to turn on, to set traps for, to attack, and close ranks against my family and me, as they have done for a life time.

Family is God's greatest blessing for us. The family is the primordial pack, and when the members, especially the parents, fail to individuate, then they set up the archetypal pattern of who is in, and who is out, who is the fair-haired boy, and who is the red-haired stepchild.

Objectively regarded, my family is not much better or much worse than billions of families around the globe, similarly screwed-up and damaging the psyche of their children, mostly unconsciously, mostly just following instinct.

Where Lera is at work in the family dynamic, the corrupting, cruel pattern of group insiders versus the loner outsider kicks in, ruining more lives for another life time.

With an Mavellonialist improved set of family values here are the needed reforms:

First, parents must admit they are sinners from birth.

Second, they must accept that their obligation to self-realize as called upon by God to do.

Third, they must realize that they are leaders of a biological pack, requiring parents that rear each child with respect and dignity, without establishing the favorite child and the least favorite child.

Fourth, they must insist upon and encourage each child to learn to esteem the self, and assume the responsibility for personal self-improvement and maverizing.

Fifth, they must tolerate joiners and loners among their offspring to join the pack and leave the pack when and how often and to what degree the children naturally prefer.

Sixth, from the healthy, individuating nuclear family, a society of individuating supercitizens would be in play to rock the whole world.

My wife and I am going to the wedding. I am going to do my best to behave. I hope my siblings and all their offspring reciprocate in kind. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment