Monday, February 1, 2016

Field Of Dreams

I was driving bus this weekend and the phrase from this iconic, beloved, 1989 movie popped into my head: 'Build it and they will come."

I pondered and  mused a bit more, wondering if that phrase describes what I have sought to do with my budding faith and philosophy of Mavellonialism--"Build it, and they will come."

Well, I have built it up, and they have not come--but they likely will, in droves, perhaps in 100 years or so.

Of course, as a misunderstood great soul, I am utterly unattractive to social climbers, running in packs, seeking to improve their standing and good name is social circles where being seen does count.

The climbers ambitious for in-crowd uptick in social power and clout, discard those not useful to their rise, and someone like me, regarded as a hopeless, total loser, is quickly thrown under the bus.

My faith, my devotion to God, this spiritual field of dreams is, for the popular joiners, their version of social hell, a nightmare world to horrifying to describe, yet encounter.

These groupists do not want to hear the truth: that, in their rebellion, depravity and denial, they reject this messenger, an otherworldly winner, and so seal their fates as otherworldly losers, and they may call for some time in hell or limbo.

I will not flatter them. I will not cosset them. I will not buckle under when they seek to buttonhole and silence me. I will be the gadfly buzzing around their closed ears. They will not hear what they want to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment