Sunday, November 6, 2016

Deer Hunting

With working 7 days a week and 72 hours weekly, time to write, individuate, enjoy leisure and just relax are shortchanged, but that is an economic need to fulfill at this time.

Deer hunting lasts 3 weeks, but we were were up at the hunting property onlyt for two days, because that is all the time that we could afford to take off.

Tonight, November 6th, we are back in town. We did not get a buck, but I missed a nice 160 pound 4 pointer this morning as he sought to sneak back to the sleeping area around 7 this morning. I missed him but got down to trail him, checking for a blood trail, but found none. I saw him lope into the woods 200 feet away after he watched me.

I checked the other side of the swamp, but no sign of him or a blood trail.

Saturday afternoon when I came in for lunch, I sat and watch a very tame ruffed grouse that watched for about a minute. Finally he crawled up a sloping branch, watched me and then flew away around the corner.

Then, yesterday afternoon, while on the middle stand, I noticed a flock of crows a few hundred feet awy harassing something, and then I saw them chasing a barred owl out of the neighborhood, southwest.

The wilderness is endlessly amazing and fascinating. It is a lovely property with quite of few whites pines popping up around the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment