Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Spoiled

Some rich people are very jaded and spoiled, expecting special treatment, regarding middle class people that they encounter as means to an end, not as people of dignity and worth, with feelings and lives of their own.

One such Leona Helmsley called for a shuttle pick up at the airport. I went to get her, but thought that none were in ground transportation because no one came forward from the ground for pick up, as is customary, once they site the correct hotel shuttle. I radioed dispatch and they contacted her to remind her that I was there.

Then I saw her look at me, after she returned the hotel call, so I approached her to see if she had asked for a pick up. She answered, "Yeah, I had my secretary call you, but I changed my mind. I really want a better hotel to stay at, like a Hilton or Homewood Suites. She turned her back on me and walked away.

She changed her mind, but could not be bothered canceling the call to save me going to a lot of effort for nothing. That 16 mile drive was for nothing. Her changing whims and game-playing torqued me off. She left me dangling,  like so a leaf spinning in the afternoon breeze. Nice gal.

No comments:

Post a Comment