Sunday, May 7, 2017

The Two Pilots

Today I picked up two airline crews about 1130am. One captain told me that he had a 17 hour layover. I said he should take the light rail downtown and do some bar-hopping. He said preferred to see a Twins game.

I arranged for him to be on the noon shuttle. held it for him, showed him and his buddy where to catch the light rail at the main which took them right to Target Field downtown for a $1.75 each. When they left the shuttle for the light rail, I got no tip.

They were back at 5pm to get a ride back to the hotel. He regaled me with the long game, a 16-7 loss by the Twins. They had a couple of beers apiece.

When we got back to the hotel, they disembarked the shuttle, still no tip.

Now when someone like me, in the service industry, who makes a living off of tips, goes above and beyond to provide extreme, excellent service, a dollar tip is not too much too ask. When a pilot makes 100 grand or more per year, and is given a traveling per diem to cover tips and other inciental expenses, but the pilot chooses to pocket the per diem to increase his wages, while reducing my cut, I label him tacky, cheap and ungrateful.

For pilots coming in, please do not act tacky like these boors, but be classy. A dollar apiece would not hurt you.

No comments:

Post a Comment