Monday, March 5, 2018

At The Hotel

At the hotel by Mall of America, where I drive airport bus on the weekends, I am there are 545am each morning. As I park my truck and walk to the building, I always kick up a bush rabbit or two. They sleep in the scant bushes and under parked cars for shelter and protection, and scamper out to safety as soon as someone approaches, or a car starts.

On Sunday morning, at 615am, I watched a red fox flee through a fence 2 blocks east of the hotel, as I took a passenger to MSP.

Obviously, creatures and natures love living, and they will adapt to the artificial world of humans. It comeforts me in a way: should we use weapons of mass destruction to kill off our race, there is no doubt that God and nature will genetically adapt some race of animals to evolve into the next intelligent species, thriving and doing quite well in the radioactive wasteland that we will leave in our wake.

Life and nature will not be denied, though humans will wither away.

No comments:

Post a Comment