Saturday, May 26, 2018

It Depends

If you are a private citizen at an NFL game and you opt to not put your hand over your heart, or refuse to sing the national anthem, that is your liberty and right--even if you are an ungrateful, anti-American jerk that I would not invite over for dinner.

If you are a professional football player at the same game, working for your owner's team, it is time to fire these whiners in uniform that kneel for the national anthem being sung.

If we fans have to obey at work, then let these high-paid babies, these privileged, spoiled millionaires, stand for the national anthem or suffer the consequences.

I work for a company that bans guns on the premises, and I would like to carry a revolver with me at all times as a permit-holder, but I do not carry because I drive a company vehicle, and they forbid me to carry while driving their van. If I have to obey the stupid rules, then professional athletes at work can obey a noble, sensible order from their employer to show respect while the anthem is played and the flag is displayed.

Just as I have to be off work and out of uniform to carry, so they can do their unpatriotic protests on their own time, and on their own dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment