Thursday, May 17, 2018

Inspirational

Mike Syvertson, a cousin of mine, a powerful elder weight lifter and realtor in Fargo, ND, often posts inspirational sayings. I do not know if he made it up, or is quoting someone else, but here it is, and then I will do a short analysis of it:

"I CHOOSE....to live by CHOICE..not by chance....to make Changes..not excuses....to be MOTIVATED..not manipulated....to be USEFUL..not used....to EXCEL..not to whimper....I CHOOSE SELF ESTEEM..not self pity....I choose to listen to my inner voice..not the random opinions of others.......I CHOOSE TO BE ME"

You are not an individual, individual-living or individuating, unless you choose why and how you live the way you do. Chance, luck and input from others--and most importantly God--much influence what we choose to do, but, in the main, a life well lived is one where we self-empower by choices, consciously, carefully, deliberately made.

We must make changes in our lives as activists. We must man up, make our choices, and accept full responsibility for the aftermath, we our choices failures or successes. We are activists, not fatalists. We self-motivate, and invite in the Good Spirits to spur us forward and upward. We manipulate none, and refuse to be manipulated by any. We work and contribute; we are not parasties, dependents, slaves, exploited, used, oppressed and abused.

We excel and do not whimper--I love it. We choose self-esteem rather than other-centeredness and selfless self-pity. I do my own thinking hearing God, my heart and my ethical training, ignoring directives and bossy commands from others around us.

Very inspirational, Mike, and this would come close to serving as the official anthem of the budding Mavellonialist maverizer.

No comments:

Post a Comment