Monday, October 13, 2014

My Bible Project

I am going to start reading a page of the Bible each day, and respond in blog entries. I am using a 40 year old, The New American Bible from my seminary days, investigating becoming a Roman Catholic priest. I will interpret the Bible from the vantage point of a conservative Unitarian-Universalist, what ever that is, and even I am not quite sure. An exact theological definition is fleeting.

The first Chapter of Genesis describes how God the Creator made heaven and earth. As individuators, we pay homage to God, by remaking heaven and earth in modest ways through our own creative efforts as developed individuals. If I could reach the black men and women protesting in Missouri, I would urge them to be min-creators like Yahweh was long ago, and how they could transform America for the better, real hope and change, and what a difference they would make.

No comments:

Post a Comment