Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It Is Tougher

I get passed over for good maintenance jobs these days, jobs that I could land 5 years ago. Why is this?

First, age discrimination--I will be 61 in June.

Second, it is God's will, I think, as I am headed in new career directions yet not quite clear for me.

Third, I am and look old and fat, and employers want someone young and quick.

Fourth, I am a high intermediate skilled building engineer, but lots of the managers, with very tight budgets, have eliminated entry level and mid-level engineers, and only hire the highest skilled engineers, and make them work doubly hard, cover more buildings and do all the jobs, from the highest to the lowest in skill to save on labor costs.

Fifth, due to discrimination over the years against me as an individuator working, I have moved around a lot, and the lack of longevity at jobs sticks out like a red flag, so employers have labeled me a problem employee.

Sixth, the society is so anti-union now, and the manager are so buttoned down and authoritarian cogs in the corporate hierarchy that they work in that their tolerance for someone a little eccentric and outspoken is now just about nil. Since they have no individuality, they hire those that are yes-men, without color, spark or individuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment