Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Neighborhood Parties

I have a pet peeve to share with you. As you know, I am a radical loner, and not on good speaking terms with many people, including neighbors here in Blomington.

I recently attended a party thrown by new neighbors to celebrate their arrival in our neighborhood. Now, we seem to get along all right, but that often does not last, but, for now we are getting along, and I wish to give them the benefit of the doubt, and to be friendly and welcoming.

My wife could not go, and no other neighbors were there (some came later), so, when I went, I was the only neighbor there. It was a mixed-raced couple, and they were friendly. The people there were from their church and immediate family. I was off by myself.

I stayed for 1 & 1/2 hours and the left, and the husband seemed miffed that I left, but I insisted.

They should have 3 parties. One for church members, one for immediate family and one for neighbors, because the three groups do not know each other, do not mix and end up sticking with the people they are already familiar with.

This imitates another such party I went to. The hosts, trying to save time and energy, have one party to invite all kinds of dissimilar people to get the meeting the neighbors over with. It does not work. Do not do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment