Saturday, April 13, 2019

My Book

I am researching my book on egoism, and have finished up my work on Mandeville, but Stirner is giving me fits. I cannot read him in German, and I do not know how reliable my translation of his main work is. He wrote obscurely in good German philosophical style. I am struggling with him, but I need to work my way through this.

Clearly Stirner refuted the radical anti-individualism of Hegel. It is easy to anticipate in retrospect that there is direct conceptual linkage between Hegel's insistence that each individual's ultimate purpose was to serve the cause of the state and how that led to totalitarian communitarianism on the right and on the left, of the kind that wrecked the lives of billions, in the 20th century.

Stirner the anti-statist and anarchist is an intellectual bulwark against justifying totalitarian governments existing and receiving popular support.

No comments:

Post a Comment