Saturday, April 13, 2019

Where We Differ

Stirner's individualism is too radical, too hyper. I am an individualist, strong than the individualism advocated by the Founding Father, but not against a federal union as a constitutional republic, not in denial of natural rights, not against a federal union of representative government, a sense of community with the rule of law; but I am not as radical an individualist as is Stirner.

I am more of an objective individualist and Stirner is more of a subjective individualist.

I love reason and concept and am more optimistic of their meaningfulness, truth value and probable certainty than is Stirner.

He dismisses all collective causes and ideology as spooks, fixed ideas and false targets to pursue, and I think his dismissal is too extreme. I do agree with him that people should be wary of committing terrorism for the cause or their ideology.

No comments:

Post a Comment