Friday, July 12, 2019

Common Sense Realism

As an epistemological moderate, I cannot dismiss common sense realism out of hand. If I look at the coffee cup on my desk, I view it as it is. It is part pure reality discernible, knowable, conceivable and describable in ordinary words. Perhaps it is phenomena or appearance in part too, or mostly so, but not entirely.

For the truthful, accurate perception of objects of consciousness, entails that the coffee cup, one's conscience and one's concepts are objects both noumenal and phenomenal at the same time for the same object, are are revealed actualities as they are, as well as mere appearances or maya, and each spiritual and physical objected sensed, by whatever sense, external or internal, is a activity in consciousness that is part lie, part truth, part reality and part fiction. That is the moderate, epistemological stance. Thus I cannot dismiss common sense realism out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment