Sunday, November 17, 2019

Smart Deer

My brother-in-law has a hobby farm on the Escarpment on the west side of the Red River Valley. He has a video where he is walking to the feeder, and 15 minutes later a six or 8 point buck is walking to the feeder. It was watching him all along. How do they know where they are safe or not?

I am a mediocre but avid hunter, and I rarely see a deer on my property in Minnesota and they are about 10 deer living in 30 acres.

Today (11/17/19), here was my experience at Mora: They know when they are safe. They must read body language. I saw the butt end of a nice 170 buck headed for the oak woods from my stand today. I was well hidden, 100 yards away and pushed my 30:06 quickly out the window to get a shot at him--he saw that small movement, and lifted his tailed and quickly jumped into the bushes, out of site.

No comments:

Post a Comment