Friday, January 27, 2023

Noah Hammond Tyrrell

 

I have long advocated that moderation in all things is how we should approach living. Many ancient peoples so believed. I am untrained as a logician, so I was doing some online research on opposites as contraries and opposites as contradictories. I want to understand better how a logician view would enrich my philosophy of ethical moderation.

 

Next, I came up with for short videos on opposites was a podcast by Noah Hammond Tyrrell, the popular, inspirational speaker and consultant.

 

Roughly, Tyrrell advises that if one is failing somehow in life, one should enlist the opposite trait to balance out one’s life and be successful, and ethical moderation is somewhat like this in that one is floundering in excess or deficiency of a trait, its opposite should be practiced, as one fluctuates between the opposites.

 

With the law of moderation, we can enjoy life, usually count on God’s blessing and enjoy ourselves: we cannot have it all and should not want to have it all as Tyrrell over-promises his viewers and clients, but we can have a lot and that will have to suffice.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment