Saturday, March 19, 2022

Rule 3--Jordan Peterson


 Rule 3: Make Friends With People Who Want The Best For You, Page 67 of his book, 12 RULES FOR LIFE AN ANTIDOTE TO CHAOS.

My response: as a great-souled loner and individuator almost universally shunned by everybody, I have o suggest that my experience is incompatible with most people, who seem intolerant of whom and what I am. I am to blame, in part, yes. For the most part, it is the people around me, the nonindividuating, group-living joiners, that live lives of willful blindness, that are to blame. Is it their fault; I would most be forgiving of their being weak, confused puppets, living mostly a lie within a fantasy world, socially concocted. I believe still that, given enough information, eventually most Americans would wake up, smell the coffee, and do the right thing. They are slowly waking up, and then will be less tolerant of the collectivist, altruist crap, that they have been duped about.

If I want to make friends with people that want the best for me, that is why I am mostly alone. Very few people want the best for me, and I am a good and decent man; if I push them, they will tar and feather me and run my out of town, or just kill me outright.

Now, I call Jordan Peterson a brilliant, decent man that is uncannily perceptive, and yet here I trash his 3rd rule for handling chaos. I deny that. I like the rule, but it requires an explanatory adjustment that I will add below. 

He is correct that we should make friends that want the best for us, but that also means that we should be individuators to be admired, respected, and emulated, and that necessitates that people we befriend seek to want what is best for us, because we have actually tried, and are making things right. We are deserving of support.

We also should encourage others, mostly our friends, but our enemies too, to maverize.  As the coterie of maverizers grows in future decades into a majority of adults, then it will not be hard to find or hang out with adults in our community that wish the best for us.

Also, if we want friends that wish the best for us, then we must be supportive of self-development efforts on the part of others, being friendly and reinforcing, wishing the best for them in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment