Friday, July 5, 2024

Exodus 22:21-23

 

Yahweh is a god of justice and mercy for the poor and weak, and I have no problem with that though they also could gain and keep justice and mercy for themselves if they were taught to live and thrive as egoistic maverizers.

 

Here is the quote from The New American Bible: “You shall not wrong any widow or orphan. If ever you wrong them and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry. My wrath will flare up, and I will kill you with the sword; then your wives will be widowed and your children orphans.”

 

God does not tolerate and might punish evildoers in this lifetime as well as in the next world.

 

Here is this same quote from the Holy Bible (KJV)): “Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child. If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry; And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.”

No comments:

Post a Comment