Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas To All the followers of Jesus Christ, born on or about on this day 2,000 years ago. I hear on the news last night that there are 1.2 billion Roman Catholics, and I will guess about 500 million Protestants.

Jesus is divine and the son of God. He is well worth worshipping. Now that Christianity is well beyond or mostly beyond the fanatical imposition of its faith by the sword upon non-believers, it is a truly a force for good in this world.

We look forward to the day when the great majority of mullahs and adherents of Islam enforce, upon their own people, no tolerance of spreading the faith to unbelievers by the sword. There is no place in a world crowded with weapons of mass destruction for carrying out jihad against outsiders.

God is. I worship God from the vantage point of my paradoxical theology, being a conservative Unitarian-Universalist.

I will not be quitting my day job any time soon, able to live off donations from believers supporting such a church and me, as their minister. I actually enjoyed re-mudding that bathroom ceiling and painting that living room wall at the apartment complex yesterday.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your day! Be kind and gentle with your neighbors harboring beliefs in competition with your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment