Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Cook

I work with a cook who supervises a grade-school kitchen full-time for a suburban school near here. She is smart, hard-working, very knowledgeable about food preparation, and is well educated in her area of expertise.

She is lectured by our young college-educated manager about how to run a kitchen. He utterly dismisses anything she has to say, and she is excellent at what she does but speaks firmly but politely about the right way to do things.

This manager regards her with contempt. His attitude is:  "I am higher up on the totem pole than you so that means I am smarter and better, therefore anything you could add is superfluous. I have all the good ideas. All you share are opinions."

I never get over how mean and stupid are the educated people in charge. They are wrecking the business that they mean to grow, and are the last ones to realize this fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment