Wednesday, November 15, 2017

O'Reilly Stores

About three years ago, I ran a courier van around the Twin Cities for over 30 hours a week. I was between full-time jobs and working 70 hours a week at whatever I could put together to make our payments.

I did deliveries to an O'Reilly Autopart store in Orono, or that area west of the cities. The manager gave me what I needed to take back to the warehouse and I gave him the day's deliveries, and I must have asked about new employees at the counter. He agreed, and complained that it was so difficult to find, hire and retain workers that cared, that were really engaged in their work, and actually showed up every day on time.

The moral health of a country is directly gaugable to the quality of workmanship evinced even by a near minimum wage worker at the O'Reilly service counter. Poor workers may well portend a poor future for this country, unless workers man up and build some character and take care of their jobs and employers, so that their job and employers give them money upon which to build prosperity and an individuated life.

No comments:

Post a Comment