Sunday, December 3, 2017

Wisdom Or Happiness

I was running errands today and I was daydreaming ideas in my head, sort of free-associating if you know what I mean. I thanked God for what I have learned, and been informed of by De.

I reflected that the pursuit of happiness is a desirable and worthy journey, but knowing (knowledge) and understanding why things are as they are, and in what direction humanity should be heading (that is wisdom which is a divine gift, shared with the ready, earnest student).

Understanding can lead one to deeply encounter and feel the essence of darkness, loneliness, tragedy and evil at work in the universe, and that can take a hit on one's sense of happiness and hope. Still, wisdom is a gift of love from God, but the recipient must enbrace all of it, and all of its implications, horrible or delightful, good or evil.

Wisdom should be a higher priority than happiness for an individuator, but both are worthy and attainable goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment