Sunday, March 30, 2014

Another Proof Of God's Existence

As an English major in college 35 years ago, I was taught that no writer of any merit ever wrote anything of any value if it did not grow out of his culture, his experience, his character and own life. I agreed with that statement then, and I live by it now.

As a great soul, I suffer great pangs of loneliness and social desolation. Don't worry about me, I will make it and handle it somehow.

But this morning I was ruminating about things, and it occurred to me that each of us, however socially central or completely cut off from human companionship, instinctively, unerringly pinpoint how we fit in or do not fit in. We identify our rank and location and degree of inness by comparing and contrasting our position against the locus others in the workplace, the community and in our family.

We all possess, as biological and spiritual creatures, a finely tuned sense of where we are at in the scheme of things. That tells me that there is a scheme of things, and such universal spiritual and intuitive awareness of social ranking points out that there is a divinity that constructed the order of things. Now it could be Lera or the Mother that is the engineer of this order, but the divine architect exists for there to be spiritual links and lines running through all this tangled mess. God is, even if all is not right in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment