Sunday, March 23, 2014

There Is Nothing I Can Do

This response to obstacles or opposition is nearly always wrong and nearly always a lie. This response reveals the character flaws of the declarer: her selfishness, her cowardice, her laziness, her willingness to back the corrupt status quo, her willingness to  be dominated, her willingness to surrender her liberty to those undeserving to acquire it (No one has the right to deprive another of their liberty, if that target is at all a rational, sane adult.).

A much superior response from her would be: I am scared and tired. I want to give in, and I want to capitulate. Instead,  I will dig in. I will fight on. I will fight to the end even though my enemies hopelessly outnumber me. As they encounter thousands like me and millions like me, they will be shocked into retreating. I can do this. I will do this. I may be killed but the cause I fight for will be strengthened by my gesture of defiance in the face of seemingly hopeless resistance. Put up your dukes.

No comments:

Post a Comment