Sunday, March 23, 2014

I Write To Many But There Is No Response

I send out copies of my blog site to many newspapers, thinkers and writers. I, in four years, have had very few responses. I wonder why my efforts to advertise the wonders of the philosophy of Mavellonialism to the world is met with indifference, hostility, rejection and silence.

There are many reasons but one may be that my moderate, paradoxical, inconsistent philosophizing seems incoherent and alarming cognitively to readers for I am consistently receiving the silent treatment. It feels like repudiation.

A second reason could be that my being a professed loner/loser freaks people out.

A third reason may be that encountering a truthful, unvarnished communication from a prophet of God stuns and makes people very uneasy.

A fourth reason could be that criticizing progressivism, ecophiles and groupism are not what the ruling class establishment wants to hear. It is not politically correct and is to be suppressed.

A fifth reason could be that there are just too many good writers and masterful competing bloggers vying for the public's attention.

A sixth reason could be that my utter lack of connections among the connected and influential is holding me back.

A seventh reason could be that becoming a best-selling author is a matter of luck and timing.

An eighth reason could be that God has plans for me and my theory that are not to be revealed at this time.

A ninth reason could be that the Devil is successfully roadblocking me at this time.

I met a middle aged, tall, slim, very nice looking blond at Rainbow Foods about 18 months ago. She was single and was definitely flirting with me in the vegetable aisle.

We struck up a conversation for twenty minutes. I am quite faithful, and not interested in an affair but I was quite drawn to her, and fascinated by her. She cleaned houses for a living. She was an attorney by education but had dropped out of the rat race. My sense of it was that her brilliance, original personality, singular individuality and blunt outspokenness made her a poor fit for the corporate rat race.

She was a woman of top-drawer intelligence. She was well-read, and an original thinker. She was a reclusive, conservative idealist. She was a woman of strong personality and eccentric personality. She was a loner, I believe. She was a strong, devout Christian (Lutheran and Scandinavian) and a churchgoer. I told her about my blog site, and gave her the address. She agreed to read it and communicate with me, an exchange of ideas, etc. She started probing me about my philosophy of moderation. I responded that in short, that I am a conservative Unitarian-Universalist. She took that in. Her quick response was: "That is weird." Remember, this is a woman that understood everything that I was talking about; she was a very deep thinker. After making that remark, she turned on her heel and walked away. I never heard from her again. That response makes me think that there is a tenth reason that I am not received well--to be great is to be misunderstood,

In that case, I will be friendly, patient, positive, appreciative and keep on writing and advertising. I have to believe that one day my ship will come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment