Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Theo (Born ca. 8/2016 and died 3/18/19)

Theo is gone. He got off the leash on me last night. He got excited to be free so he took off. He was a pup and loved chasing cars, and got hit by a hit-and-run driver a few minutes later. He was gone in five minutes. Three people stopped and comforted him when he was dying, before I could get there with my truck. I wrapped him in a blanket, and took him to our vet this morning to have him cremated. Even in death he was a most beautiful dog. He always greeted me enthusiastically at the door, but the lack of greeting this evening after work, and the silence and lack of energy in the house is pronounced. Our lovely Theo will be missed, and we will inter him under the pines at our cabin in Nevis, Mn.

No comments:

Post a Comment