Friday, February 13, 2015

2-13-2015

Mom died, I believe without looking it up, on 2-15-2013. She was 86 1/2 years old, born at home in the farmhouse on 2-6-1926. What a fierce worker and good mother. Her loving was pure; her likes and dislikes were strongly hewn in rock.

We were not close; often there was hatred and horrible fights between us. Of all her 8 children, I was most like her.

I was ever the black sheep of the family, the one outside the clique, ever the loner. How deeply this woman of earthshaking personality and force of will affected me genetically and environmentally cannot be overstated.

Still, within her lights, she was a good woman. I pray for her soul ever day, and believe that she has found a good home with Jesus in heaven.

Mom, may you be happy and do well, where ever you are at. God bless you. Remember us in your prayers. Please forgive me my offenses against you, as I have forgiven your opposition to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment