Saturday, February 21, 2015

My Call Made The Difference

Within a day of my calling the state DOT maintenance people on the 21st, they had covered the deer with straw or mulch so that it could lie there in dignity until spring without thousands of motorists staring at the dead animal.

The supervisor at DOT told me the dead deer likely was frozen to the ground, and they could not remove her, so they covered her until spring.

This reaction is one that I have experienced many times over the years. Bloomington would get an annual call from me to replenish the exhausted free wood mulch pile, and to restock the bin by City Hall with free salt-sand mixture for public use. If I did not make the calls, things would remain undone for weeks and weeks.

The system does respond to citizen complaints. I am nobody, just average Joe taxpayer, but they listen to us more than we think.

This gives me hope eternal that an individuating public constituted by hard working, activistic, discilined supercitizens, would make government function efficiently with little fraud, waste and abuse. But unless and until the voters take charge, the system functions less and less until it ceases functioning at all.

Our leaders are never to blame for exploiting, enslaving and abusing us. It is our fault. It always was and always will be. We must fight each day for the right to be free and liberated, and a public so intent and inclined will not be long resisted by any elite on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment