Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Irony

When I went deer hunting last month at our property north of town, I had a buck license and a door license. All I saw of my buck was its rump disappearing into the brush, and I missed a shot at a doe going to meet him.

I saw the 8 point buck twice in our neighborhood before the hunt and not since. Yesterday (12/24/18) I was headed to work early, about 4:15 am, when I was headed west in the company van. I saw a shadow out of the corner of my eye, and slammed on the brakes: a 160 pound buck scampered across 110 St. about 4 feet in front of my van. It may or may not have been the one that I have been seeing in the neighborhood.

I was shaken up pretty good, and most grateful not to damage the company van. That was mighty close.

I cannot see a buck to shoot, to save my soul, but I can about kill one with the van in town, Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment