Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Home County Newspaper

I was reading the current Cavalier Chronicle  and noted the obituary of an area man in his late 80s that was a Korean War era vet. It brings home to fact that time is slipping away.

I am now a member of the older generation. I love the farm. I miss still living in Grand Forks, and putzing around with Dad up there on the weekends.

I miss my Norwegian-American in-laws. They were friends as well as parents. Those were the best times of my life.

They are all gone now. I always was loner, and did not easily make new friends. To lose an old friend is emotionally catastrophic.

But my job is to soldier on, to serve God as best I can. I plan to do so.                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment