Wednesday, January 14, 2015

No, Ted

I do disagree with Ted Nugent in a few but significant ways. Mostly, I agree with and admire him.

First, I do not believe in harsh, inhumane punishment for criminals and repeat offenders.

Second, I do not believe in the death penalty, in most cases. The state should not be putting people death for crime, through medical death panels, through excessive abortions, etc.

Third, he would likely approve of water-boarding and other near-torture practices to extract information from resistant enemies of America.

I believe in civil liberties. Even enemy combatants should not be tortured or even close to something resembling torture. It is a slippery slope into human rights abuse once the government is legally sanctioned to water-board or torture anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment