Thursday, January 24, 2019

Libertarian Pharisees

I am trying to reach Libertarians with little success on Facebook: Yeah baby boomers did plenty wrong. I lecture you about courage and duty because I have fought good fight all my life. I sleep just fine. You keep throwing it in my face about not having served in a war theater. So? You imply that I am all talk and no action? Really? You twist my words out of context, you deliberately distort what I do, and you make no effort to understand where I come from. You mock out of ignorance what you do not comprehend. I have been a militant, union steward in three unions, and have been run out of good jobs by Hennepin County, by private companies, by the city of Minneapolis, and stabbed in the back by my labor unions that sided with Management. I have had workers about to be fired, and they refused 6 other tamed stewards and demanding me and i saved their jobs because Management was afraid of my fearless advocacy. I got beat up in 1966 for defending a geek in my home town, a scrawny genius about to be beaten by a jealous thug at lunch hour. I jumped in between him and got pounded while he escaped the school. I did not do that because I am cowardly or selfish. I have always been a radical individualist and have childhood scars from Hoople and Crystal of mobs of Norwegian and Irish boys trying to strangle me in 6th grade and 12 boys in 9th grade throwing ice skates at my head. I have fought for pioneer human rights and protected class status for all individuals and al individuators, and that dovetails nicely into the American political and cultural heritage,You are very smart, very eloquent and perhaps a highly educated man, but you do not have wisdom. Pharisees were smart and educated but they did not have wisdom. I will not stay seated, I will not be silenced. Run your millennial, whiny, disdainful pie-hole. What are you doing to make things better? What are you doing to save America? What are you personally putting on the line to bring my Mavellonialist/human rights program to the public forum? What are you weary, jaded, intellectually superior, condescending, culturally self-congratulatory Libertarians doing to work with conservatives to save America/ Get in the fight and bridge that gap. Be less selfish and less lazy. Be involved. We need you. America needs you, but you likely will not rally to help because you always have a brilliant impressive but shallow justification for saying no and doing nothing. You also have a clique around you to back up your verbal arguments. I work alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment